Avaya 1616-I IP Phone (700458540, 700504843)
The Avaya 1616-I is a full-featured IP phone with 16 programmable line and feature appearance buttons. It is an excellent choice for an everyday office worker with high call volumes.
Avaya has transitioned the 1600 series IP telephones to a Global form factor. Global phones have the English language text removed from the faceplate and use icons to communicate button functions and fixed features such as message, menu, headset, mute, and speaker. The Global form factor is the currently manufactured model.
New (Global): $89.99
Avaya 1616-I Features
- 4 row x 24 character white backlit display with dual position flip stand
- Supports 16-line appearances/feature keys with dual LEDs
- Supports up to three 32 button expansion modules providing access to a total of 112 line/feature keys or speed dial buttons 3 contextual soft-keys
- Fixed feature buttons include four-way navigation cluster, volume up/down, mute, speaker, headset, menu, telephony application, hold, conference, transfer, drop, contacts, call log, redial, quick-access voicemail
- High-quality 2-way speakerphone
- Message waiting indicator
- Integrated headset jack
- Desk or wall mountable with optional wall mount adapter
- Firmware upgradeable
- 8 personalized ring patterns
- Dual Ethernet ports for connection of phone and collocated PC w/VLAN separation
- Static or dynamic address assignment
- Powered via 802.3af Power over Ethernet or optional 5V local power supply (sold separately; see drop down option above)
- The Avaya 1616-I is compatible with Avaya IP Office 6.0 or higher and Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 or higher
Avaya 1600 Series Product Support Notice
Because of the recent problems with firmware releases 1.3.2,1.3.4A, and 1.3.4B rendering some Avaya 1600 series IP phones inoperable, it is recommended that all 1600 series IP phones be upgraded by customers to the latest release of firmware, 1.3.5.
Avaya has released Product Support Notices (PSN) for the above firmware releases.  The first PSN #PSN004134u
states that if a newly purchased Avaya 1600 series IP phone with firmware 1.3.3 is installed on a system with firmware 1.3.2 available, the phone will become corrupted and not usable.  The second PSN #PSN004151u
states that if 1.3.4B (or 1.3.4A as we have seen) is installed on the phone, then the phone could at anytime become corrupted and not usable.  If either of these situations occurs, then the phone will have to be repaired or replaced.  This is not covered by MetrolineDirect's warranty.
IP Office Releases with Problematic Firmware
The following are releases of IP Office software that are known to have the problematic firmware included.
The 1600 series IP phone firmware should be replaced with the latest firmware from the above link.  Avaya Aura (Communication Manager) uses the same firmware versions and should be replaced as necessary.
IP Office Releases with Fixed Firmware
The latest release of IP Office R9 and R8.1 include the good firmware for Avaya 1600 series IP phones.  These releases are: